Let me just name everything that I’ve concluded through my experience with being a student at SPAA
1. All, I mean ALL of the teachers at SPAA are so dedicated, encouraging, constructive, and fantastic role models for their students. This also applies to ALL of SPAA’s staff.
2. Not only are the teachers amazing in character, but I love how they train their students to be long term dancers. As someone who has had experience with training at a company that prioritizes short term success and goals (especially in the world of commercial dance) over realistic and practical steps to becoming dancers who are equipped to take on any area of dance, I was able to notice how SPAA prioritizes in not rushing their students in terms of their technique. The teachers teach students to dance and learn with the best that they could do without giving them the burden to be “THE BEST”(Yes, there are thousands of teachers out there who will expect students to be THE BEST without actually teaching them how). I love how almost all the students can perform both right and left sides almost equally as good!😂 Although this studio may have a majority of people that prefers technique on their right side (on average) over their left, they teach their students carefully, thoroughly, strategically, and most important of all, they practice their weaknesses..#whenyouralefty
3. I forgot to mention, but the students are also all very kind:)) Although I was more reserved and wasn’t close with anyone at this studio in particular, all the students that I’ve gotten to know were kind and most of all encouraging and focused on their dancing! Dancing with unfocused and undetermined dancers can be a distraction for not only the teachers but for the dancers as well. Everyone I’ve known at SPAA are all very diligent and hard workers. It’s a give and take. When teachers are dedicated to their students, the students will reflect it!👏🏻
4. The facility of spaa itself are very nice! The floors and mirrors are insanely cleaner than some of the studios that I’ve been to🤫… I’ll just leave it at that!
5. This is just my input, but if I wasn’t going to change my major to art/animation, you best believe that I would still be a dedicated dancer at SPAA. Please go dance at this studio if you are looking to dance for a career, for fun, or maybe you just want to express your artistic abilities of exercise through dancing!
-Chrissa Lee, age 18